Saturday, February 21, 2009

65.00 YES! WE''RE RICH!


Look I don't wanna sound ungrateful. And if its true that Obama is sending monthly 65.00 checks in the mail as part of the stimulus, hey I won't turn it down. Let's take a look though, at what 65.00 gets you  in Downtown NYC. Hmmm, I could buy the left arm off of a 1980 Ramones T Shirt on sale at some vintage store and turn it into a headband. I could pay off a parking ticket in full. I could buy a weeks worth of Pinche Burritos no guacamole and have a few bucks left over to get some chips and salsa. I could get 1 glass of the best vodka at nightspot the Box, and probably a beer or two to go along with it. I could save it all for the year and by an 800 dollar suit that won't fit when my ass gets bigger next Winter like it does every Winter. Look, I'll take the money if its headed my way. I'm not sure it's changing my crisis of confidence level on the state of things though. Not that I have a better plan. I don't . I'm like the GOP. I complain and offer no alternatives. It's kinda fun actually. Try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment