Tuesday, April 28, 2009

WHITE HOUSE APOLOGIZES FOR LOW FLYING PLANE


Mayor Bloomberg called the photo op "ridiculous" and "poor judgement." The White House has apologized for the mistake that left many in NY well, shitting a brick. I remember 9-11 like it was yesterday. It woke me up out of a stupor. I went out on 9-10 until 4am and when the 1st plane flew over my apartment it sounded like I was in the front row of a NASCAR race. Then a pause..Then..BOOM!!! I got dressed, got a coffee (of course) took my camera (I was camera happy after a summer trip to Europe months prior) and took photos of the ensuing mess. Second plane. Street reactions of people. Twenty blocks from the towers. Hence, every low flying plane, no matter where I am, grabs my attention. I missed this one but can completely understand the panic that must have set in. The apology was swift. The original idea was not thought out. Let's move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment